3 Guilt-Free Healthy Desserts
It might feel like you have to skip the sweets in order to live a healthy lifestyle and reach your fitness goals but treats like dessert can be part of a healthy meal plan as long as you make the right choices. It’s all about balance, not restriction.
“I don’t like ‘diet’ desserts,” you say? I have some really good news: it’s possible to make nutritious, fun treats that are tasty, too. No fake sugars or low-fat processed junk here, just whole ingredients and delicious, natural flavors. Add one of these recipes to your 8fit meal plan so that you can indulge a bit while still striving toward your goal.
- 3 bananas (~12 oz)
- 1 cups rolled oats (uncooked) (~3.5 oz)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (plain, without added sugar) (~3 oz)
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175 ºC). In a bowl, peel, cut and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add rolled oats, peanut butter, cinnamon, and salt; mix to combine.
- Roll, then flatten as many cookies as you can with the dough, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them at 350° F (175 ºC) for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown, as shown. Serve and enjoy!
These crunchy cookies combine peanut butter with banana and oats for a sweet but healthful snack, but we’ll let the flavors speak for themselves – give them a try today!
Coconut Energy Balls
Once you’ve tried these energy balls, you’ll want to have them every day. The good news is… you can! Fin
Strawberry-Basil Ice Cream
This ice cream is the perfect blend of strawberries, basil, honey and Greek yogurt. It’s one of those melt-in-your-mouth treats that’s perfect for the summer (or when you’re channeling summer vibes during winter).