Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love ice cream? It may be a classic summer treat but, unfortunately, it’s usually packed with sugar and artificial flavors. Can’t resist? The good news is, it’s easy to make a healthy version in less than 5 minutes.
Welcome those summer vibes all year long with 8fit’s refreshing Strawberry Basil Ice Cream.
Why our ice cream is guilt-free
Strawberries are low in sugar compared to other fruits and rich in immune-boosting vitamin C. In fact, one serving of strawberries contains about half of your daily requirement of that good stuff. To balance the sugar content in the strawberries and the touch of honey, we recommend adding Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is loaded with protein — an essential nutrient for building muscle and staving off hunger.
Strawberry basil ice cream recipe
The last key ingredient for this strawberry basil ice cream is the star of the show, basil. Basil adds a refreshing flavor and has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities.
Are you drooling yet? Start blending.
Preparation time: 5 min.
Servings: One 300-calorie serving
- 1 ¼ cups strawberries (frozen) (~7 oz)
- ½ cups Greek yogurt, plain (full-fat) (~5 oz)
- 1 Tbsp honey or agave syrup (~¾ oz)
- 2 tsp fresh basil (chopped)
- Add frozen strawberries, greek yogurt, honey and basil to a bowl and blend with a hand blender (or use a blender if you have one).
- Blend until it reaches the consistency of ice cream.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Love and health,