Recipe: Strawberry-Basil Ice Cream
Ice cream is a classic summer treat, but it’s usually usually packed with sugar and artificial flavors. The good news: it’s easy to make your own healthy version in less than 5 minutes!
Why our ice cream is guilt-free:
- Strawberries are low in sugar compared to other fruits, but rich in Vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system. In fact, one serving of strawberries contains about half of your daily requirement!
- Greek yogurt is loaded with protein – it’s essential for building muscle, enzymes, hormones and amino acids. Protein also helps stave off hunger.
- This recipe is lower in sugar than commercial ice creams and doesn’t contain any artificial flavors, but it’s still just as tasty as processed versions.
Strawberry-Basil Ice Cream
Prep time: 5 min.
Makes 1 snack serving (~ 300 calories)
- 1 ¼ cups strawberries (frozen) (~7 oz)
- ½ cups Greek yogurt, plain (full-fat) (~5 oz)
- 1 tbsp honey or agave syrup (~¾ oz)
- 2 tsp fresh basil (chopped)
- Add frozen strawberries, greek yogurt, honey and basil to a bowl and blend with a hand blender (or use a blender if you have one).
- Blend until it reaches the consistency of ice cream.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Love and health,