Terms of Service
Welcome to 8fit! We are here to help you get in the best shape of your life through personalized coaching.
Here is some important information about our service.
For all other countries (including the US), our general terms of service are described below.
Effective as of: 24th of May 2018
Users within the EU are only accepted if they have reached the age of 16. For young people who have not yet reached this minimum age, the agreement and consent to data processing must either be declared by the user’s parent or guardian or done with the latter’s approval.
Please note that we do reserve the right to change any of these terms of service at any time, without notice to you. That being said, we encourage you to check back here periodically to ensure that you remain informed on the specifics of these terms of service.
- Your acknowledgment and agreement that you are healthy enough to perform strenuous exercise and follow a general nutrition plan and that you have consulted with a physician before using the Services (Section 1).
- Your agreement that the Services are provided “as is” and without warranty (Section 13).
- Your agreement that Company has no liability regarding the Services (Section 14).
- Your consent that you and Company have the right to compel arbitration (Section 18).
1. Use of service; no medical advice
You understand that our Services are intended for use only by individuals healthy enough to perform strenuous exercise and follow a general nutrition plan and, may not be suitable or recommended to all individuals, including but not limited to, pregnant women or people who suffer from an underlying medical condition or who have special dietary needs. Our Services may utilize the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) in assessing the safety of, or possible risks of, exercising for you based on your answers. This assessment requires that all information provided by you is true, complete and correct and further, requires that you not omit any relevant information regardless of whether we have asked about such information. Furthermore, in becoming a user of the Services, you affirm that a physician has specifically approved your use of the Services, or that all of the following statements are true:
- no physician has ever informed you that you have a heart condition or that you should only do physical activities recommended by a physician;
- you have never felt chest pain when engaging in physical activity;
- you have not experienced chest pain when not engaged in physical activity at any time within the past month;
- you have never lost your balance because of dizziness and you have never lost consciousness;
- you do not have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity;
- your physician is not currently prescribing drugs for your blood pressure or heart condition;
- you do not have a history of high blood pressure, and no one in your immediate family has a history of high blood pressure or heart problems;
- you are not pregnant, breastfeeding or lactating;
- you do not have a condition of high-cholesterol, diabetes, obesity or arthritis; and
- you do not know of any other reason you should not exercise or follow a general nutrition plan.
BEFORE USING OUR SERVICES, YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
IF AT ANYTIME DURING YOUR EXERCISE WORKOUT YOU DO NOT FEEL WELL, MAKE SURE YOU STOP IMMEDIATELY AND SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE OF A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IF REQUIRED.
THE CONTENT AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR USERS ARE ENGAGED IN RENDERING MEDICAL, COUNSELING, LEGAL, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. SUCH CONTENT IS INTENDED SOLELY AS A GENERAL EDUCATIONAL AID. IT IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE ADVICE, OR TO BE USED FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT, FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM. IT IS ALSO NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND SERVICES FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FAMILIAR WITH YOUR UNIQUE FACTS. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THIS SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. OUR RECOMMENDED WORKOUT PLANS AND EXERCISES OR NUTRITION PLANS, EVEN IF THEY ARE TAILORED TO INDIVIDUAL USERS, SHOULD NOT BE MISCONSTRUED AS MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSES OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER REGARDING ANY MEDICAL CONDITION AND BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW TREATMENT.
Neither the Company nor any of its trainers or Affiliates will be liable for any physical or mental injury or illness that may result, whether directly or indirectly, from any of our recommended workout plans or exercises or nutrition plans. While we may provide guidelines such as written descriptions, pictures, or videos describing how to perform specific exercises or activities, you assume sole responsibility for performing those exercises or activities with proper form, as risk of injury or illness increases with improper form. We encourage you to seek multiple sources of information regarding how to perform each exercise correctly and to consider consulting with a qualified coach, instructor, personal trainer, or physical therapist, especially if you are new to any of the forms of training or activity you seek to perform.
4. Your account
In order to use certain features of the Services, you may have to register and create an account with 8fit. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords associated with your 8fit account, you agree to monitor all activity under the account and you assume full responsibility for all activities that occur under your account (except as to security breaches caused by the Company). The Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time and shall incur no liability for such suspension or termination.
8fit offers pro subscriptions that grant you access to additional features like additional workouts and customized meal plans. If you choose to become a Pro Account member, you must designate and provide information about your preferred payment method (e.g., credit card, online payment service or any other payment method made available by us). You will immediately be charged for your pro subscription fees after your Pro Account status has been activated; provided that no charges will be made or incurred during any applicable free trial period (as described in Section 5).. You agree to pay all subscription fees and other charges incurred in connection with your username and password for your 8fit account.
5. Ownership and intellectual property rights of the Company
All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and designs, whether registered or unregistered, used in connection with the Services are owned by the Company or its third party licensors. You may not use or display any such trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, or designs owned by the Company or its third party licensors without the appropriate owner’s prior written consent.
6. License to use content
A variety of information, advice, recommendations, letters, messages, comments, posts, text, graphics, software, music, sound, photographs, videos, data, and other materials (“Content”) is available through the Services. Some of the Content is provided by the Company or its affiliates, and other Content is provided by persons who use the Services (“Users”), such as Users’ opinions and views provided via posts to chat rooms, blogs, bulletin boards, profile pages, messaging services, discussion forums, and more.
While we strive to keep the Content accurate, complete, and up-to-date, we cannot and does not guarantee, and are not responsible for, the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any Content, whether provided by us or our affiliates or by Users. The Company does not have any obligation to prescreen, edit, or remove any Content provided by Users that is posted on or available through the Services. Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available by Users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are those of the respective User or other third party and not of the Company. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Services.
7. License to use services
8. Restrictions on use of services
Your use of the Services and the related licenses granted hereunder are conditioned upon you not doing any of the following in connection with using the Services:
- Posting, uploading, publishing, submitting or transmitting any information or other material that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances (including but not limited to activities that promote or provide instructional information regarding the manufacture or purchase of illegal weapons or illegal substances).
- Accessing, tampering with, or using non-public areas of the Website, the Company’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of the Company’s providers; Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Company system or network or breaching any security or authentication measures;
- Avoiding, bypassing, removing, deactivating, impairing, descrambling or otherwise circumventing any technological measure implemented by the Company or its providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
- Attempting to access or search the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than tools that access or search the Services through software and/or search agents provided by the Company or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera);
- Sending any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Using any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Company trademark, logo, URL or product name;
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way using the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
- Interfering with, or attempting to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collecting or storing any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express prior permission;
- Impersonating or misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violating any applicable law or regulation;
- Contacting anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or making unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose;
- “Stalking” or otherwise harassing anyone;
- Collecting personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Posting false or irrelevant content, or repeatedly posting the same or similar content;
9. User-submitted content
You are responsible for all Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available to or through the Services (“User Content”). By doing so, you represent and warrant to the Company that your User Content is not subject to any confidentiality obligation to any third party and that you have all necessary permission to submit, post and otherwise make available such User Content.
We make no claims to ownership of User Content that you submit, post or otherwise make available to or through the Services and you shall continue to retain all ownership rights in your User Content and the right to use your User Content as you see fit. However, you hereby grant to the Company and its affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, transferable, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to: post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Services (e.g. not intended as a private communication), use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly display such User Content (in whole or part) worldwide via the Services or otherwise, and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed; and with respect to photos, graphics, audio, video or journals that you submit, post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Service, use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display such User Content for the purpose for which such User Content was submitted, posted or made available. We reserve the right to remove User Content or edit it in any way.
10. Digital Millennium Copyright act notice
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible through the Services, please notify the Company’s copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing: An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed; Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Services; Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Promptly after receipt of a valid removal notification, we will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. We will also notify the party that posted it of your claim that the material is infringing and will give that party an opportunity to send us a written counter-notification, which may result in us re-posting the content if we believe that it is not infringing.
Any DMCA requests and any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support or other communications should be directed to customer service through firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Third party sites / links / ads
Your dealings with advertisers or other third parties found on or accessible through the Services are solely between you and such third party. These dealings include, but are not limited to, your participation in promotions, the payment for and delivery of items if any, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings. Third party links are provided solely as a convenience to you and should not be construed as an endorsement by the Company of content, items, or services provided on such third-party sites. You shall access and use such third party sites, including the content, items, or services on those sites, solely at your own risk.
The Company does not make any representations or warranties with respect to any content or privacy practices, or otherwise with respect to such third parties or any items or services that may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that the Company will have no liability with respect to any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any dealings between you and any third party, or as a result of the presence of links or ads of such third parties on the Services.
If there is a dispute between you and any such third party, you understand and agree that the Company shall be under no obligation to become involved. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY, YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUCCESSORS IN RIGHTS FROM ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (DIRECT AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO SUCH DISPUTES AND/OR THE SERVICES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, AND/OR ANY SIMILAR PROVISION OF THE LAW OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
12. Disclaimer of warranties
YOU AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, QUALITY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SERVICES, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE SERVICES. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
13. Limitations of liability
15. Termination and survival
17. Dispute resolution
For any claim where the total amount of the award sought is $10,000 or less, the AAA (or ADR Provider, if applicable), you and Company must abide by the following rules: (a) the arbitration will be conducted solely based on written submissions; and (b) the arbitration will not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties. If the claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA (or ADR Provider, if applicable) rules, and the hearing (if any) will be held in the state of Delaware.
If you demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Company will pay as much of the administrative costs and arbitrator’s fees required for the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the cost of the arbitration from being prohibitive. In the final award, the arbitrator may apportion the costs of arbitration and the compensation of the arbitrator among the parties in such amounts as the arbitrator deems appropriate.
Neither you nor Company may act as a class representative or private attorney general, nor participate as a member of a class of claimants, with respect to any Claim. Claims may not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis. The arbitrator can decide only your and/or Company’s individual Claims. The arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated.
THIS SECTION LIMITS CERTAIN RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO MAINTAIN A COURT ACTION OR TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY, THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIM AND THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN AAA RULES OR THE RULES OF AN ADR PROVIDER.
18. Applicable law and venue
Notwithstanding the provision in the preceding paragraph with respect to applicable substantive law, the enforceability of Section 18 entitled “Dispute Resolution” shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C., Secs. 1-16).
19. Contact information