Cookies that are healthy, crunchy and above all, tasty? It might sound too good to be true, but let your taste buds be the judge. As an added bonus, our favorite healthy cookies don’t require a ton of fancy ingredients or major prep work.
How are these cookies are good for you?
- If you work out regularly, the potassium found in banana will help you recover faster.
- Peanut butter provides protein and healthy fat. Peanuts are also one of the richest dietary sources of biotin, which helps with proper function of the nervous system.
- Rolled oats are packed with good carbs (the slowly digested, healthy kind), fibers and protein. Fun fact: rolled oats have more protein per ounce than the same amount of greek yogurt!
3-Ingredient Banana Cookies Recipe
Preparation time: 20 min.
Makes either 2 breakfasts or 4 snacks (~1200 calories in total)
- 3 bananas (~12 oz)
- 1 cups rolled oats (uncooked) (~3.5 oz)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (plain, without added sugar) (~3 oz)
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175 ºC). In a bowl, peel, cut and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add rolled oats, peanut butter, cinnamon, and salt; mix to combine.
- Roll, then flatten as many cookies as you can with the dough, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them at 350° F (175 ºC) for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown, as shown. Serve and enjoy!
Love and health,