At 8fit, we believe in balanced eating with real food. Nature provides everything we need, and our job is to find the right proportions of proteins, carbs and fats to fuel our bodies and minds well. That said, not all macronutrients are created equal. Luckily, if you’re searching for balanced nutrition and flavorful meals, we’ve got you covered with the 8fit Pro meal plan.
Rolled oats are one the best-kept-secrets in superfoods. They’re high in slow-digesting carbs, protein, and healthy fats, and loaded with the minerals zinc and iron. We chose to combine the oats with eggs – an animal protein that helps with the absorption of iron, as well as bananas for energy. These nutritious pancakes are an easy way to start your day right!
Dressed-Up Banana Pancakes
- 1 banana (~4 oz)
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cups rolled oats (uncooked) (~1 oz)
- ¾ tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup applesauce (unsweetened) (~2 ¼ oz)
- 2 ½ tsp peanut butter (plain, without added sugar) (~½ oz)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Peel and cut the banana into slices.
- Combine sliced banana, eggs and rolled oats in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat up coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Drop 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture from the blender into the heated pan.
- Cook on low heat for 3 minutes, then flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until no mixture is left.
- Top with peanut butter, apple sauce, and cinnamon, serve, and enjoy.
This savory tea sandwich is an easy, portable snack that’s ideal to enjoy during an afternoon break at the office. It’s high in protein, so you’ll be good to go until dinnertime.
Tuna Tea Sandwich
- 1 slice 100% whole grain bread (~1 ½ oz)
- 1 ½ oz tuna (canned in water)
- 1 ½ oz cream cheese
- 1 carrot (~2 oz)
- 2 Tbsp sprouts of any kind
- 1 tsp fresh basil (chopped)
- Spread the cream cheese on the bread and top with tuna, sprouts and fresh basil.
- Enjoy the carrot with your sandwich.
The 8fit nutrition philosophy:
- Complete nutrition: every meal should be tasty, satisfying, and meet complete nutritional needs with real, whole foods that span all the macronutrients: proteins, fats and carbs.
- For life, not for now: with lifelong health, there’s no place for fads, boring “diet” foods, strict and unsustainable restrictions, hunger, calorie counting, foods you don’t like, or pseudo-science.
- Tailor-made for you: everyone has unique needs, so meal plans should be completely customized to personal tastes, preferences, and goals.
Get your 8fit meal plan today and get that much closer to achieving your personal goals.
Love and health,