At 8fit, we believe in balanced eating with real food. Nature provides everything we need, and our job is to find the right proportions of proteins, carbs and fats to fuel our bodies and minds well. That said, not all macronutrients are created equal. Luckily, if you’re searching for balanced nutrition and flavorful meals, we’ve got you covered with the 8fit Pro meal plan.
Vegetarian breakfast ideas
Relive your younger years and indulge in pizza for breakfast – but this healthy version instead of last night’s leftovers! Who said healthy eating can’t be fun? If you’re short on time, save this for the weekend; we have dozens of breakfast recipes to choose from that can be prepared in seconds for busy weekdays.
- 1 100 % whole grain tortilla (~1 ½ oz)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 cup arugula or rocket
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350º F (175º C).
- Wash the tomato and place it on its side so that the stem end faces to the left or right. Slice the tomato vertically.
- Place your tortilla on a baking sheet and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Top with grated cheese. Bake until the tortilla is crispy, about 10 minutes.
- While the tortilla is baking, fry your egg: place a small pan over medium heat and add the rest of the olive oil to the pan. When the pan is hot, crack the egg into the pan and cover. Sprinkle with salt and pepper once the egg starts to cook. When the white is cooked through (after roughly 5 minutes), remove the pan from heat and leave uncovered until your tortilla is ready.
- Remove the tortilla from the oven when crispy and top with the arugula, tomato, and egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Vegetarian snack ideas
Most smoothies you’d buy in stores or shops are high in sugar and low in protein, so your best bet is to make your own. This one combines berries with the healthy omega-3 fatty acids found in flax seeds and lots of protein thanks to the addition of greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt & Berry Smoothie
- ¾ cups berries, any kind (frozen or fresh) (~5 oz)
- ¼ cups Greek yogurt, plain (full-fat) (~2 ½ oz)
- 7 almonds (~⅓ oz)
- 2 tsp ground flax seeds (~¼ oz)
- ¾ cups milk (~6 oz)
- 1 ½ ice cubes (~¼ oz)
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh mint (chopped)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high. Serve in a glass and enjoy.
The 8fit nutrition philosophy:
- Complete nutrition: every meal should be tasty, satisfying, and meet complete nutritional needs with real, whole foods that span all the macronutrients: proteins, fats and carbs.
- For life, not for now: with lifelong health, there’s no place for fads, boring “diet” foods, strict and unsustainable restrictions, hunger, calorie counting, foods you don’t like, or pseudo-science.
- Tailor-made for you: everyone has unique needs, so meal plans should be completely customized to personal tastes, preferences, and goals.
Get your 8fit meal plan today and get that much closer to achieving your personal goals.
Love and health,