At 8fit, we believe in balanced eating with real food. Nature provides everything we need, and our job is to find the right proportions of proteins, carbs and fats to fuel our bodies and minds well. That said, not all macronutrients are created equal. Luckily, if you’re searching for balanced nutrition and flavorful meals, we’ve got you covered with the 8fit Pro meal plan.
Plant-Based vegan breakfast ideas
It’s easy to get enough protein on a plant-based diet if you choose the right foods. Take for example the slow-digesting carbs and protein found in the chickpeas starring in this savory breakfast dish, which will give your day a healthy jumpstart.
Crunchy Chickpea Breakfast Bowl
- ½ cups bell peppers (any color, chopped) (~2 ½ oz)
- 2 cups spinach leaves (raw) (~2 oz)
- 1 onion (medium sized) (~4 oz)
- 1 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans (canned and drained) (~5 oz)
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds (~⅓ oz)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika (dry)
- Wash spinach.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the spinach and toss to coat. Cook the spinach until it begins to wilt, about 4 minutes. Remove the spinach to a bowl, leaving remaining oil in the pan.
- Peel and chop the onion, and wash and chop the pepper.
- Add the onion, peppers and seasonings to the pan. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan, mixing together and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Combine with spinach and top with sunflower seeds. Enjoy warm.
Plant-Based snack recipes
If you already tried mug cakes, you know they’re super tasty and easy to make. If the mug cake concept is a new one for you, we’re about to show you one of the greatest snack-hacks we’ve seen yet. Banana bread mug “cake” is one of our favorites, and it’s ready in just 3 minutes!
Banana Bread in a Mug
- ½ banana (~2 oz)
- ½ oz coconut flour or ground almonds
- ¼ cups non-dairy milk alternative (almond, cashew, soy, etc.) (~2 ¼ oz)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter (plain, without added sugar)
- ¼ cup soy yogurt (~2 ¼ oz)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Cut the banana into pieces and mash well. Add all other ingredients except the soy yogurt and mix until well combined. The batter will be thick.
- Place batter into a mug or bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- If you don’t have a microwave, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Transfer batter into a ramekin and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Top with yogurt and enjoy!
The 8fit nutrition philosophy:
Complete nutrition: Every meal should be tasty, satisfying, and meet nutritional needs with real, whole foods that span all the macronutrients: proteins, fats and carbs.
For life, not for now: With lifelong health, there’s no place for fads, boring “diet” foods, strict and unsustainable restrictions, hunger, calorie counting, foods you don’t like, or pseudo-science.
Tailor-made for you: Everyone has unique needs, so meal plans should be completely customized to personal tastes, preferences, and goals.
Get your 8fit meal plan today and get that much closer to achieving your personal goals.