At 8fit, we believe in balanced eating with real food. Nature provides everything we need, and our job is to find the right proportions of proteins, carbs and fats to fuel our bodies and minds well. That said, not all macronutrients are created equal. Luckily, if you’re searching for balanced nutrition and flavorful meals, we’ve got you covered with the 8fit Pro meal plan.
This breakfast will help you to start the day energized and satisfied. Whole grain bread is full of protein, fiber and complex carbs – the healthy ones that are absorbed slowly and keep you full longer. Avocado, too, is loaded with nutrients like potassium, an important mineral that supports healthy blood pressure levels and helps you to recover faster if you work out regularly. And eggs are basically nature’s perfect (read: high quality and oh-so-tasty) protein delivery system. Combine them, and you’ve got the true breakfast of champions.
Sunny Side Avocado Toast
- 2 slices of 100% whole grain bread, toasted (~3 oz)
- ½ avocado (~3 ½ oz)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- a tiny bit of salt
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over low heat and crack the eggs into the skillet. Cover and cook to your liking.
- Place mashed avocado over toast, top with egg, and add salt, pepper and chili flakes if desired!
We all scream for ice cream, but maybe you feel the need to run away screaming because you’re trying to eat right. No need! Ice cream can be part of healthy, balanced nutrition. This ice cream recipe is lower in sugar and higher in protein than commercial varieties and boasts nutrient-rich ingredients. The Vitamin C found in strawberries gives your immune system a boost, and peanut butter tops our list of foods that qualify for the “healthy meets delicious” award.
Peanut Butter-Berry Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups berries, any kind (frozen or fresh) (~10 oz)
- ½ cups milk or milk alternative (~4 oz)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (plain, without added sugar)
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- Combine berries, milk, peanut butter, and cinnamon in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- You can eat this ice cream right away if you’re using frozen berries. If you’re not planning on eating it immediately, or if you used fresh berries, freeze for 2 hours before enjoying.
The 8fit nutrition philosophy:
- Complete nutrition: every meal should be tasty, satisfying, and meet complete nutritional needs with real, whole foods that span all the macronutrients: proteins, fats and carbs.
- For life, not for now: with lifelong health, there’s no place for fads, boring “diet” foods, strict and unsustainable restrictions, hunger, calorie counting, foods you don’t like, or pseudo-science.
- Tailor-made for you: everyone has unique needs, so meal plans should be completely customized to personal tastes, preferences, and goals.
Get your 8fit meal plan today and get that much closer to achieving your personal goals.
Love and health,