If you’re feeling stuck in a rut when it comes to your health, perhaps it’s time to start mixing things up. Maybe you’ve been putting your nutrition on the back burner for a while or you simply don’t know where to start – whatever the reason, 8fit Pro can help you get back on the right track.
Why pack your smartphone with separate apps just for shopping lists, meal plans, food trackers, step trackers, and nutritional information when you could have it all in one place? We’ve made it easy for you by combining all the above into one easy to use, customizable app. Fitness and nutrition go hand in hand, and as 8fit’s very own Coach Marife always says, you can’t out exercise a poor diet.
8fit: A meal planning app for weight loss and so much more
With so many different fad diets out there nowadays, nutrition can seem like a complicated task. And, if you’re getting most of your information from your television or your newsfeed, you’re probably hearing all kinds of conflicting information about how to eat right. A big part of reaching your health and nutrition goals is preparation, so take out some of the guesswork and start using 8fit’s healthy meal planning app.
Though often used to lose weight, the 8fit app is also designed to help 8fitters reach different health and fitness goals like muscle gain muscle or weight maintenance. Use the app to get lean, fit and active and while learning to create healthful, easy, delicious food – whatever culinary experience you bring to the table. Set your goal and 8fit will help you get there.
Our most useful meal planner app features
So what exactly are the advantages of using a meal planner app? Funny you should ask, here are a few:
- Accountability: By now, you’ve probably heard how journaling and logging your food and water intake can pave the road to success. The same logic applies here – the simple act of noting down when and what you consume can keep you on track and allow you to hold yourself accountable.
- Time management: Plan your meals ahead of time and prepare for any curve balls that may come your way. Merely visualizing the food you’re going to eat during the week can keep you from veering off your path. For those who are visually inclined, a healthy meal planning app can act as a roadmap that you can turn to for structure and guidance.
- Log meals – additional or non-8fit: If you skip a planned meal or a snack, or decide to eat out as a one-off treat, then you can record that as well. You can even post a picture alongside it so that you can remember precisely what you ate.
- Personalization: It’s time to get up close and personal when it comes to your eating preferences. Doesn’t matter if you’re gluten-free, vegan, paleo or all of the above, 8fit caters to all dietary needs for meals that suit your lifestyle or health requirements. You can even specify which ingredients to leave out altogether. Not a fan of tuna? No problem – you won’t see a hint of it anywhere near your meal plan options.
- Flexibility: If you only want to plan for two meals a day rather than three, it’s doable. Maybe you want one snack instead of two? You got it. Getting to specify all your preferences when you create your plan will not only get you where you want to with ease, but will lend you a sense of empowerment – you’re in control of what you eat. We understand that circumstances change, so you’re always welcome to edit your settings as often as you see fit.
- Practicality: Do you like making a big batch of food that’ll last throughout the week? With 8fit, it’s easy. You can change the number of servings (for example four servings = four lunches during the week) or if you’re cooking for the whole family be able to calculate ingredient amounts and plan accordingly.
Meal planner + grocery list = A match made in heaven
One thing that makes 8fit’s meal planner especially handy is the built-in grocery list. In a nutshell, after you’ve chosen your meals for the week, you can select which days you’d like to shop for and ta-da! – you’ll get a shopping list complete with all the food amounts you’ll need for those days.
After you generate your shopping list, we recommend surveying what’s available in your fridge and pantry to see what you already have. It’s not a bad idea to load up on shelf-stable staples that you’ll often use like rice, canned beans, whole grain pasta, and rolled oats.
If you find something makes it onto the list that you don’t have on hand, you can swap it out for something you have available (most of the time you’ll see alternatives listed on the recipe). So if you see that a dish needs pork, but you already have chicken on hand, switch it up! Staying flexible makes it easier to adapt to less-than-perfect situations and stick to your goals in the long run.
How to get your meal planner and grocery list
Have we piqued your interest? If the answer is yes, then we encourage you to sign up for 8fit Pro. On top of a recipe book of over 700 tasty, nourishing meals, you’ll also benefit from a weekly healthy meal planner with a grocery list option, guided full-body and targeted HIIT workouts – we’ve even thrown in some yoga and surf-style training for good measure. 8fit is your one-stop-shop on the way to your wellness goals.
Whether you need a push in the right direction, a helping hand in the kitchen or a bit of structure to keep you focused, we’ve got your back. Whether you’re an absolute beginner or a seasoned veteran in both the kitchen and or with workouts, our team of expert nutritionists and coaches break down the essentials and guide you, so you’ll feel confident and capable each step of the way.
As soon as you sign up for 8fit Pro, you’ll immediately have access to our extensive bodyweight workout library (yes, no equipment needed) alongside a range of workout programs to keep you going strong for nourishing, sustainable changes. Remember it’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle choice.