Why we love peanut butter in shakes?
Do you fancy peanut butter as much as we do? It tastes good and makes your shakes healthier. That’s why we decided to add it to our watermelon and banana shake.
Watermelon doesn’t only help you to hydrate, but is also rich in Vitamin A which is a fat soluble vitamin. For the optimal absorption, Vitamin A needs to be consumed with fat – like peanut butter.
The blend with banana will satisfy your sweet tooth even more! If you work out regularly, the potassium found in banana will help to shorten recovery time after exercising. However, fruits might be rich in nutrients, but also come with sugar. Even if it’s natural sugar, it rises your blood sugar. The protein and fat you’ll be getting from the peanut butter slows down the digestion and absorption of the sugar into the bloodstream, ensuring your blood sugar will not rise quickly and remain stabilised.
Enough reasons to give this shake a try?
Watermelon and banana smoothie recipe
Preparation time: 5 min.
Ingredients (makes two snack portions):
- 1 cup watermelon (diced) (~5 oz)
- 1 banana (~4 oz)
- 1 ½ cup almond milk (or milk of your preference) (~13 oz)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (plain, without added sugar) (~1 oz)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Peel and cut bananas.
- Cut watermelon into chunks and remove seeds.
- Place the fruits with the peanut butter and the milk of your preference in a blender.
- Mix until smooth. Pour into a glass and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Et voilà!
So, to wrap up – what you need to prepare our awesome watermelon banana smoothie? Take the seeds out of the watermelon, place all fruits and the beanutur butter into the blender with a milk of your choice and mix until smooth. Delicious and nutritious!
Love and health,