Valeria Lipovetsky wears many hats. In addition to running a lifestyle vlog on YouTube, she’s a mom of three boys, holistic nutritionist, model and self-love promoter. On her channel, expect to get a glimpse into her world as she talks about marriage, motherhood, fashion, fitness, and wellbeing. Her goals is to ensure that her content, no matter the subject matter, makes you feel empowered and beautiful on the inside and out.
After her most recent pregnancy, Valeria made 8fit a regular part of her routine. In this video, she shares her realistic fitness and nutrition recommendations — ones that even moms getting up multiple times a night or people getting up early for work can weave into their lives.
Watch to see Valeria complete a 9-minute 8fit workout and ready-in-five-minutes breakfast. Then read on for that workout, healthy recipe and additional wellness tips.
Why Valeria loves 8fit
Getting on that healthy lifestyle train isn’t always easy. Many diets, workout plans and wellness challenges are unrealistic or don’t work with every lifestyle. For someone like Valeria who gets up multiple times per night with a newborn and wakes up early to get her workday started, getting to the gym just isn’t possible — neither is cooking a gourmet healthy meal every night.
To save those two or more hours spend preparing for, commuting to, and workout out at the gym, she laces up her sneakers and sneaks a short HIIT workout in from the comfort of her bedroom. Valeria’s chosen workout was a time interval workout featuring a simple warm-up and low-impact exercises. Her friendly reminder is, “You guys need to ease into things. You don’t need to go hardcore. There’s obviously more complex workouts on 8fit, but I’m just getting back into my fitness journey after my pregnancy and want to make sure I’m being mindful of the way I move.” Once she feels stronger, she’ll try something more challenging.
8fit’s Banana and Chocolate Porridge recipe
After her workout, Valeria heads to the kitchen for breakfast. She shares that in order to make good decisions about food, prep is essential for her. It can be as simple as keeping a fruit basket on the kitchen table or washing and chopping vegetables ahead of time. The same method goes for workout clothes. Laying them out in the bathroom the night before or keeping your running sneakers at the foot of your stairs could help eliminate any excuses you have.
On her menu that morning was 8fit’s Maple Chia Overnight Oats recipe. Because she didn’t prepare it the night before, she decided to swap her breakfast recipe for Banana & Chocolate Porridge — a recipe that could be ready in minutes. Get the 400-calorie recipe below.
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- 7 almonds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 banana
- Heat up the milk (either on a stove or in the microwave) and pour it over the rolled oats.
- Add the cocoa powder, almonds, sesame seeds and, if you like, a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine.
- Let it soak or eat immediately with the chopped banana and sprinkled cinnamon on top.
Wellness tips from Valeria
Before signing off, Valeria stops to share a few of her favorite wellness tips that touch on self-care and stress. First up…
- Prioritize sleep: Getting quality sleep is very important. To do so, Valeria suggests unplugging an hour or more before bed. For her, this means charging her phone in the bathroom, away from her bed. She finds this digital detox helpful in reducing stress and falling asleep faster.
- Crowd out, don’t cut out: Valeria suggests that instead of “cutting out” sweets, soda, social media, or other unhealthy habits, refocus your attention on “crowding out.” To do this, introduce a new healthy habit into your life one at a time. What will happen is that those habits will start to take over your daily routine, replacing any unwanted or unhealthy habits.
- Create wellness rituals: On Saturdays, Valeria visits the sauna. It’s her time to de-stress. If you don’t have a sauna accessible to you, find other ways to de-stress. Set aside time for facemasks, dry brushing or reading. Make time to appreciate your body on a regular basis.
If you’re a mom like Valeria or are someone who has trouble squeezing in a gym session, give 8fit a try. Sign up for a Pro account and you’ll have access to over 700 healthy recipes.