Are you always skipping breakfast? Maybe you feel like you don’t have the time, the resources or the creativity. Maybe your mornings are chaotic as you prep for a long day ahead or get kids out the door.
Say “hello” to overnight oats
If you haven’t caught onto this trend yet, overnight oats are a great breakfast on-the-go. The “overnight” means that you can prep them the night before or even days in advance. This is why the recipe makes it into our one and two-week seasonal meal plans. Download the meal plans below and create them in your 8fit app. Recipes will automatically be perfectly portioned for you and ingredients will be added to your shopping list with reducing waste in mind.
This peanut butter overnight oats recipe is an 8fit crowd favorite. With the perfect balance of macronutrients — protein, carbs and fat — this recipe will keep you full all morning long. It’s suitable for vegan diets and can be made gluten-free by swapping oats for a gluten free variety. Our pro tip: If you are prepping days in advance, hold the fruit. Add bananas, apples, berries and other fruits the night before consumption or the morning of so that it’s fresh-tasting.
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe
- ¼ cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- In a mason jar or small bowl add almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, and maple syrup (or other sweetener). Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Add oats and stir again.
- For best results: Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours). This may also be eaten immediately.
- Top with banana, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon (optional) before eating.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.