Pizza that helps you reach your health-related goals? Give me a slice of that! This delicious fruit pizza recipe makes you feel like a kid again. Go ahead and play with your food. I double dare you!
This fun and flavorful recipe will not only help you find your inner child and improve your mood, it will also help boost your health. Watermelon and berries are loaded with antioxidants, such as lycopene and anthocyanins, which not only give the fruit its beautiful color, they also help prevent and delay cell damage. In other words, keeping you looking and feeling young, and reducing your risk of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
How sweet is it. Fruit has many helpful nutrients but is also contains fructose, which is sugar. But have no fear, pairing a good source of protein with the sugar found in fruit, will slow down the absorption into the bloodstream, ensuring that your blood sugar won’t spike. Yogurt is a great source of protein, which can also help keep you energized, and feeling fuller, longer. Now, how do you make this awesome fruit pizza?
Watermelon Fruit PizzaPreparation time: 10 min.
Ingredients (makes two snack portions):
- ¼ cup strawberries (~1 ¼ oz)
- ¼ cup Blueberries (~1 ¼ oz)
- 1 cup yogurt (unsweetened) (~9 oz)
- 2 slices of watermelon (~11 oz)
- 3 tbsp coconut (shredded) (~½ oz)
- Create the "crust" of the pizza, by putting the watermelon on its side, and slicing a piece of watermelon that is about 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick. It should make a circle shape with the skin on the outside. (If you have pre-chopped watermelon, you can skip to number 4)
- Lay the slice of watermelon on its side and remove any seeds.
- Cut the slice into triangle shaped pieces.
- Spread some of the yogurt on the top of the watermelon "crust".
- Top with blueberries, strawberries, and coconut and enjoy!
- Et voilà!
An extra topping for your fruit pizza – yogurt contains healthy bacteria which have been shown to improve immunity, regulate weight, and improve mental health. Happy tummy, happy you!
Wishing you healthy and happy day,