Pizza that helps you reach your health-related goals while making you feel like a kid again? Give us a slice of that!
Because this “pizza” recipe is fun to make and fun to make, it helps improve your mood while boosting your health. The watermelon crust and berry topping are loaded with antioxidants such as lycopene and anthocyanins. These antioxidants give the fruit its beautiful color and help prevent and delay cell damage. In other words, this pizza will 100% keeping you looking and feeling young all while reducing your risk of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
This pizza might be sweet but don’t worry, it’s not bad for you. Fruit’s sweetness comes from fructose, a type of sugar. By combining fruit with healthy protein, you’ll prevent a spike in blood sugar. This recipe includes protein-packed yogurt which helps keep you energized and feeling full longer. Yogurt also contains healthy bacteria which have been shown to improve immunity, regulate weight and improve mental health.
Now, how do you make this awesome fruit pizza?
Watermelon fruit pizza recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
- ¼ cup strawberries (~1 ¼ oz)
- ¼ cup blueberries (~1 ¼ oz)
- 1 cup yogurt (unsweetened) (~9 oz)
- 2 slices of watermelon (~11 oz)
- 3 Tbsp coconut (shredded) (~½ oz)
- Create the “crust” of the pizza, by putting the watermelon on its side, and slicing a piece of watermelon that is about 1 1/2 – 2 inches thick. It should make a circle shape with the skin on the outside. (If you have pre-chopped watermelon, you can skip to number 4)
- Lay the slice of watermelon on its side and remove any seeds.
- Cut the slice into triangle shaped pieces.
- Spread some of the yogurt on the top of the watermelon “crust.”
- Top with blueberries, strawberries and coconut.