Ketogenic diets are associated with drastic, quick weight loss, however, they are challenging to follow and can result in a limited diet that does not provide your body with certain nutrients. A keto diet should be followed under medical supervision because it is calculated to suit an individual’s specific needs.
Benefits of a ketogenic diet
The most common benefits associated with a ketogenic diet include weight management, appetite control, healthy brain support and increased energy.
Our 8fit meal plan, while it’s not strictly keto, will provide your body with these benefits without limiting your nutrient intake. 8fit meals include balanced amounts of fat, protein and carbohydrates — the macronutrients your body needs to function optimally. The objective is to feel good and lose weight in a healthy way. At 8fit, we believe it’s important to enjoy the eating experience and develop a healthy relationship with food.
Benefits of following an 8fit meal plan
8fit meal plans help you get results without going extreme. Below are some benefits of following an 8fit meal plan and how we help get you there.
- Weight management: The calories in the meal plan are specifically calculated according to your goal, gender, age, weight, height and physical activity level.
- Appetite control: We use carbs that are health-promoting, slow-digesting and nutrient-rich. In addition, we always combine them with a protein and/or a healthy fat, plus a fresh vegetable or fruit — all of which have been proven to regulate appetite.
- Healthy brain support: We focus on brain supporting whole foods, which include healthy fats, B vitamins, antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Gut health: All meals include significant amounts of fiber from nuts, seeds, whole grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Fiber helps feed healthy bacteria in the gut and improves digestion.
- Energy support: We focus on complex carbs that give good stuff like nutrients, fiber, water, and sustained slow-burning energy that lasts all day. Combining these carbs with protein and fat will help keep blood sugar levels more constant.
If you want to give it a try, we do have some recipes that are close to keto proportions (70-75% fat, 20-25% protein, 5-10% carbs). Keep in mind that the ratios will not put your body into ketosis. These macronutrient ratios help you get similar results without entering a true state of ketosis and without giving up your favorite foods. Head to the 8fit app to access our Charred Vegetable Scramble, Tropical Turkey Burger, Eggs in Spinach Sauce, Chicken Salad with Roasted Cashew Nuts and Pork Tenderloin with Berry Sauce.
Two other great close-to-keto recipes include our No-Bake Coconut Bars and Pork Steaks with Cabbage.