Azlia Williams, YouTuber from North Carolina, decided to give 8fit’s fitness and meal plan a try for a day. In her video, she tests a core-focussed reps workout and a tasty burrito-inspired recipe. Watch to see if this energetic YouTuber can convince you that 8fit is something you can fit into your life.
Who is Azlia?
Azlia’s video repertoire includes makeup and hair tutorials, shopping excursions, day in the life clips, and all kinds of Q&A sessions. You can follow her on YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat for fun content on the daily.
When Azlia gave the 8fit app a try, she zoned in on the core-focused workouts. The session she tried was a reps one, meaning completing three rounds of the indicated number of reps as fast as possible. Give her workout a go by completing three rounds of the following exercises without any breaks:
- Seated knee tucks x 10
- Leg raises x 10
- Plank to push-up x 10
Burrito bowl recipe with chicken
When it came time to prep a meal from her meal plan, Azlia landed on dinner. Under the meals tab in her app, she saw an 8fit classic: Burrito Bowl. After grabbing everything she needed at the grocery store, it was time to prep this 10-minute meal. Want to try it at home? Get the 500-calorie recipe below.
- 3 ounces chicken breast
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup black beans
- ¼ cup sweet corn
- ¼ cup gruyere cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp fresh basil
- Slice the chicken breast into thin strips.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add the beans and corn and cook them for two minutes or until they’re hot. Add the gruyere at the end.
- Add the washed salad to a bowl. Put the ingredients on top of the salad. Drizzle with what’s left of olive
- oil and sprinkle with pepper and fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Veggie burrito bowl recipe
Prefer to go veggie? Here’s the 500-calorie recipe for 8fit’s Veggie Burrito Bowl.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1-ounce cherry tomatoes
- ½ bell pepper
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1-ounce cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro
- ½+ tsp hot sauce
- Pre-heat a pan to medium and add the oil.
- In the meantime, peel and slice onion and garlic. Wash and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Wash, remove seeds and slice bell pepper.
- Add the onions, garlic and bell pepper to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, drained black beans, and seasonings (garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper).
- When the mixture is hot and well combined, serve and top with grated cheese, fresh cilantro, and hot sauce. Enjoy!
She may be young, but her advice is wise “If you’re trying to improve your eating habits or fitness habits, it doesn’t happen overnight,” she explains. “It’s totally normal for it to take some time and you can’t expect any super sudden changes, but if you stay consistent, you will definitely see improvement.”
Sign up for 8fit to make changes and feel amazing.