YouTube sensation and former Buzzfeed producer Michelle Khare is known for her daring and adventurous spirit. On YouTube, you can often find her trying out the latest fitness craze – she willingly throws herself into extreme life challenges to help inform her viewers, like UFC fighting and motocross, and even running a marathon with only ten weeks of training!
So who better to test out the 8fit lifestyle? We gave Michelle Khare full access to our app for her honest feedback – read on to learn how her week with 8fit went.
Spoiler alert: Michelle found that the 8fit app made it easy to eat healthy and workout anywhere. Watch the video for her full take:
Michelle’s schedule is packed and involves a fair amount of travel, and 8fit is a perfect way to stay on track with nutrition and workouts anywhere in the world.
Michelle goes through quick set-up in the 8fit app (selecting her goal and sharing more about her current lifestyle) to get her fully customized workout program and meal plan. She also takes the app’s shopping list feature for a test-drive at her grocery store and before preparing some of 8fit’s healthy recipes with her partner.
She opts to follow the 8fit program 100% for one week for maximum results. With 8fit, Michelle learns to experiment with new recipes as opposed to relying on the daily “chicken salad” she usually eats. Added bonus: she even saves money compared to her usual grocery bill.
Spiced Lime Chicken and Green Peas
- 4 oz chicken breast
- ½ lime (~1 ¼ oz)
- 1 cups green peas (~5 oz)
- ⅓ tsp paprika (dry)
- ⅓ tsp oregano (fresh or dry)
- a tiny bit of salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- Heat up the green peas in a saucepan on medium heat with a bit of water for 3-4 minutes (or until heated through).
- Mix the spices (paprika, oregano and pepper) with freshly squeezed lime juice, cover the chicken in the mixture and marinate for 30 minutes to over night (optionally).
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Cook the chicken over medium heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, let sit for 5 minutes and slice before serving with the drained peas and a bit of salt.
For more tasty and healthy treats, feel free to try out our recipes collection.
Michelle – ever the daredevil – tests our hardest workout to date: Level 9, Guru 5. As you’ll see in the video, she works up quite a sweat without having to head to the gym, since all of 8fit’s workouts can be done at home.