Three Quick Recipes That Will Help You Reach Your Goals

Fitness is only 20% of the puzzle when it comes to reaching wellness goals like losing weight, getting fitter, gaining muscle, or simply feeling healthy. The other 80% is all about nutrition.

After downloading the 8fit app and sharing your goal, biometric data, and food preferences, we create a customized meal plan. This meal plan, paired with regular 8fit HIIT-style workouts, help you develop healthy habits and reach your goal in a safe way.

Quick Recipes to Help You Succeed

For those of you without an 8fit meal plan, we have three free an tasty recipes for you. Each recipe was developed by our team of in-house nutritionists. For more healthy recipes, check out the 8fit Pro membership. You’ll get customized meal plans with ingredient amounts adjusted to your caloric and nutrition needs.

1. Chickpea Salad

chickpea-salad-recipe

Nutritional information: 539 kcal

Macronutrient breakdown: 23 g protein (17%), 19 g fat (32%), 69 g carbs (51%)

Prep time: 20 min.

Ingredients

  • 200 g canned chickpeas
  • 50 g feta cheese
  • 100 g green pepper
  • 5 cherry tomatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 8 black olives
  • Salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste

Directions

  1. Place drained chickpeas peas into a bowl and set aside.
  2. Peel the outer shell of onion and cut into slices.
  3. Cut the pepper into strips.
  4. Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters.
  5. Add onion, pepper, and tomatoes to the bowl of chickpeas.
  6. Cut feta cheese and olives into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl.
  7. Mix ingredients.
  8. Add salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste.
newsletter2016.02.24-chickpea-salad-prep-scaled

2. Banana Pancakes

newsletter2016.02.24-banana-pancakes-scaled-2

Nutritional information: 367 kcal

Macronutrient breakdown: 14 g protein (15%), 20 g fat (50%), 32 g carbs (35%)

Prep time: 10 min.

Ingredients

  • 1 banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 Tbsp of oatmeal
  • 1 tsp coconut oil

Directions

  1. Peel and cut the banana into slices.
  2. Add sliced banana, egg, egg white, and oatmeal to a blender and mix until smooth.
  3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan.
  4. Pour 2-3 Tbsp of the batter into the heated pan.
  5. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes on each side.
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each pancake.
newsletter2016.02.24-banana-pancakes-prep-scaled

3. Omelet & Sautéed Vegetables

newsletter2016.02.24-omelette-roasted-vegetables-scaled

Nutritional information: 459 kcal

Macronutrient breakdown:19 g protein (16%), 38 g fat (75%), 10 g carbs (6%)

Preparation time: 20 min.

Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 6 walnuts
  • 13 g sesame seeds
  • 1 zucchini
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Wash zucchini and then cut into thin slices.
  2. Chop nuts and set aside.
  3. Add egg to a bowl and beat until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Heat half of the coconut oil in a frying pan.
  5. Sauté the zucchini slices until golden and put aside.
  6. Add the rest of the coconut oil to the pan.
  7. Fry the omelet for two minutes on each side on a medium heat.
  8. Serve omelet with sautéed zucchinis. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped walnuts.

newsletter2016.02.24-omelette-sauteed-vegetables-2